Montante Group is looking for an experienced Electrician whose primary duty is to lead solar project installations. You must be a mechanically minded individual to work in the field installing commercial grid-tied photovoltaic (PV) systems. The Electrician will be responsible for managing and installing the photovoltaic system from beginning to end. In this position, the Electrician will: coordinate with Solar Project Manager, lead and work side by side with other crew members and install all photovoltaic system components, while managing the installation of a fully functional photovoltaic system. The overall goal of the Electrician is to work with field personnel to achieve completion of the project with the highest level of safety, quality, efficiency and conformance to the original plans and specifications.
Position Qualifications Include, But Not Limited To:
– 3+ years as a Electrician licensed in multiple AHJs
– Experience with DC and AC service
– NABCEP Certification preferred, but not required
– General construction knowledge to include: roofing, electrical, and carpentry skills
– Experience with electrical work involving up to 1000 VDC and 480 VAC
– A working knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), Uniform Building Code (UBC), local & utility jurisdiction requirements
– Experience complying with OHSA safety requirements and regulations
– Must have full range or mobility in upper and lower body; ability to work in various positions & environments, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
– Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment weighing approximately 50 pounds on a frequent basis
– Professional appearance and excellent customer service
– Hard working attitude
– Great attention to detail
– Maintain valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
– The capacity to lead others
The Electrician will be Responsible for the Following:
– In conjunction with the Project Manager, develop site specific safety procedures & clearly communicate them.
– On a daily basis, ensure that project safety measures are maintained at all times.
– Assist Project Manager with completing all project paperwork including daily reports and as-built documentation.
– Maintain operational inventory of necessary tools, safety equipment, and project materials.
– Provide the project management team with accurate and detailed quantities to order materials and equipment.
– Clearly communicate any concerns to the project team specific to project safety, quality and/or schedule.
– If required, assist project team to inspect and document installed work for compliance with drawings and specifications.
– With the project management team, regularly review estimated budgets versus actual costs to confirm a project’s profitability.
Education and Experience Requirements:
– A minimum of 5-years working experience in the WNY construction industry.
– OSHA 10 or 30 Hour safety training or willingness to obtain.
Electrical Engineering Associate
This individual will effectively collaborate with a team of development professionals, project managers and engineering consultants to draft solar project designs in a dynamic environment for commercial, government and residential solar electric projects ranging in size from 5kW to multi-MW and voltages from 120V to 35kV. This person will support in the development of electrical design drawings, site plans, and solar electric production modeling. In addition to this, the individual will coordinate solar portfolio monitoring & reporting.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing the electrical portion of photovoltaic (PV) systems to comply with manufacturer, client, state electrical code and utility interconnection requirements as well as perform site visits to confirm the construction of the electrical system is compatible with PV system design.
- Responsible for specifying equipment such as transformers, switchgear, metering equipment, cable, switchboards, panel boards, overcurrent protection, relaying, and SCADA equipment as well as experience with performing load calculations, short-circuit analysis, and coordination studies.
- Responsible for investigation and analysis of client’s existing electrical services, and integrating new equipment with existing systems.
- Responsible to identify customer/project requirements and communicate engineering requirements to broader team, develop preliminary project design and specifications, and prepare technical documentation for submittals to governing agencies.
- Utilize energy performance modeling tools (such as Helioscope and PVSYST) to quantify performance and develop energy production estimates.
- Assist with field testing and equipment troubleshooting as needed using diagnostic tools including infrared cameras, insulation resistance testers, I-V curve tracers, or other specialized tools.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- On path to become New York State licensed professional engineer
- Experience sizing and specifying electrical services, transformers, emergency generators and transfer switches, metering equipment, cable, conduit, switchboards, panel boards, load centers, and overcurrent protection, as well as experience with performing load calculations, short-circuit, and coordination studies
- Must have a strong familiarity with relevant portions of National Electric Code (NEC), National Electric Safety Code (NESC), International Fire Code (IFC), and International Building Code (IBC)
- Must have experience working with electric utilities companies and familiarity with typical utility equipment specifications
- Ability to work independently and effectively with project managers, clients, consulting engineers, manufacturing partners , and technical personnel
- Must be confident and possess the ability to substantiate code interpretations and mathematically prove design concepts
- Proficiency with electrical and solar design software including AutoCad, MS Excel, PVSyst, and Helioscope.
- Experience with cost estimation of designs
Montante Solar is passionate about developing and installing high-quality commercial solar projects. Our team’s expertise extends beyond solar design and into financial modeling, commercial real estate, and unique construction challenges. We’re always looks for talented and experienced individuals to join our team.
Call Us 716.876.8899
Email Us firstname.lastname@example.org